I have a proven track record of turning around quality work to narrow deadlines: copy which is punchy, well-researched, accurate and - above all - something people actually want to read. I can produce original content, report on complicated topics for general audiences, and niche subjects for a specific readership. I can provide intelligent, thorough and enlightening copyediting and proofreading services. I know how words work, to put it succinctly.
What can I do for you? Well...
- Producing original content for your online or print publications
- Making sure your corporate or personal identity has a consitent and engaging "voice"
- Tailoring copy for audiences general and specific
- Updating existing content according to changes in style, corporate identity, or new developments
- Cutting down and moulding freelancer's work to the form you envisioned
- Thorough and knowledgable proofreading skills with a particular eye for spelling, grammar, and sentence construction
- Specific knowledge owing to half a decade of experience and Creative Writing study at degree level
Corporate clients have included the international chain Boots, working as a Digital Copywriter for the Gift section. I produced and edited copy from suppliers, liaised with them, and helped publish or update content through a propriety CMS system. I have since worked also as a copywriter for mobile gaming developers Playmotion, producing content for both their apps and their homepage, and was part of the team which redesigned Sheffield Hallam University's web presence.
For over a year, I worked as the sole writer for About.com's Spider-Man section, producing, proofreading and publishing articles about comic books, films, video games, TV shows - and one musical - for a general audience. At the same time I worked as the Comics Editor for entertainment website WhatCulture, recruiting new writers, commissioning articles, and proofreading. My news writing for ScreenRant was viewed by over 200,000 movie fans and shared overly 15,000 times on social media.
Reporting directly to the editor-in-chief, Tom worked as Staff Writer for the technology and parenting website Quib.ly. Pre-launch, he helped to edit freelance articles in order to shape the site's voice, worked on the style guide, and provided regular updates to the company's blog. Post-launch he researched and produced nearly 300 articles on the latest innovations in education, science, technology and parenting, over the course of three years.